Comfortable with the Uncomfortable with Kevin McDonald
In this episode of Unrealized, host Jeff Miller sits down with Kevin McDonald, VP of BPO Governance and HR Operations at E.W. Scripps Company, to talk about making the most of every opportunity, and the key to getting started:
Being comfortable with the uncomfortable.
For Kevin, that mentality is more than just a catchy phrase–it’s a personal mantra. As the conversation unfolds, you’ll hear how a willingness to step out of your comfort zone can lead to extraordinary possibilities.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to not let fear stand in your way
- The best question to ask in an interview
- What it means to have a “next play” mentality
What to listen for:
- [00:56] – This/That played with Kevin
- [06:29] – How to accomplish what you never thought possible
- [18:29] – Why should you ask “Why?”
- [21:07] – Core characteristics of an ideal contributor
- [30:04] – How to make your day more doable