Bringing Humanity to Human Resources with Nancy Hauge
Do you bring your whole self to work?
On this episode of Unrealized, host Jeff Miller sits down with Nancy Hauge, Chief Human Resources Officer at Automation Anywhere, to talk about the challenges that shaped her as a leader and how she learned to bring her whole self to the workplace.
Thanks to her background in stand-up comedy and theatre, Nancy learned to see the solution to a problem like a punchline. Tune in to hear how she uses humor to avoid living in constant drama and how social distancing has impacted the workplace by creating greater intimacy.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- A process is only as good as the people who create it
- Curiosity is more important than competence
- How to build space into your day
What to listen for:
- [00:53] – This/That played with Nancy
- [07:15] – What shaped Nancy as a leader
- [11:50] – What Human Resources often gets wrong
- [17:30] – A way to make your day more doable